- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Marketing
- Post Date: 11/19/2023
- Website: blueshift.com
- Company Address: 433 California St, Suite 600, San Francisco, California 94104, US
About BlueshiftBlueshift helps brands deliver relevant, connected experiences across every customer interaction. The Blueshift platform uses patented AI technology to unify, inform, and activate the fullness of customer data across all channels and applications. Through unified data, omnichannel orchestration, intelligent decisioning, and unmatched scale, Blueshift gives brands all the tools to seamlessly deliver 1:1 experiences in real-time across the entire customer journey.
Blueshift is a venture-funded startup headquartered in San Francisco. Our AI-Powered marketing platform empowers cutting edge B2C brands to drive 1:1 marketing on every channel. With Blueshift, marketers are in full control of automating various forms of personalised messaging across every engagement channel.
Blueshift is trusted by leading digital brands like Udacity, LendingTree, BBC, and Paypal to automate their customer engagement marketing and recognised by Gartner as a “Cool Vendor for AI in Marketing”.
Blueshift is founded by repeat entrepreneurs who previously built Mertado.com (acquired by Groupon to become Groupon Goods), and were part of the early team behind Kosmix (acquired by Walmart to become @WalmartLabs). We are backed by top-tier VCs including Nexus Venture Partners, Storm Ventures, Luma Partners, and SoftBank Venture Asia.
Blueshift is staffing its team in Pune, India. As part of Blueshift, you will get to work on a cutting-edge product using the latest technologies. This is an exciting opportunity for motivated individuals to build a great career.
Software Engineer II - Backend
We are looking for highly passionate software engineers to join our Campaigns team at Blueshift. In this role, you will be building highly scalable and low latency cloud services that deliver personalised digital marketing experiences to billions of users globally.
You will work closely with senior engineers on one of the most sophisticated rule based decisioning systems. Additionally, you will also contribute towards building several integrations for example with Email service providers, SMS service providers, Push notification services, CRM platforms, Paid media platforms, Ticketing systems etc. You will work on cutting edge technologies like Ruby on Rails, Elixir, Rust etc. which will help you gain a lot of experience on building scalable and performant backend systems.
- Work with team members to design, develop and deploy new features to the Campaign execution engine. Build new microservices during the process as required. Work with multiple teams during the process.
- Build new features for the integration framework. Build new microservices during the process as required.
- Build new application integrations within the integration framework.
- Work on projects to improve performance, scalability and stability of existing services.
- Work with the support team to debug, analyze and respond to customer issues.
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or related fields.
- 2+ years of experience on building applications as a backend engineer.
- Solid understanding of CS concepts including OOP, data structures, concurrency.
- Solid understanding of relational databases and SQL.
- Attention to detail, curiosity, proactiveness, willingness to learn, sense of ownership are critical qualities to succeed at Blueshift.
- Good communication and coordination skills.
- Experience working on Unix based systems.
- Experience working on a public cloud like AWS/Azure/GCP will be an advantage.
- Experience working on a modern language like Elixir/Rust/Golang will be an advantage.
- Experience with NoSQL systems such as Cassandra/ScyllaDB, ElasticSearch, REDIS will be a great advantage.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary along with stock option grants.
- Excellent hospitalisation, personal accident, and term insurance coverage.
- Located in a top-notch facility in Baner - one of the best neighbourhoods for tech startups.
- Daily catered breakfast, lunch, and snacks along with well-stocked pantry
- A team that cares about you.