- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Marketing/PR/Product Mktg
- Industry: Data Infrastructure
- Post Date: 11/20/2023
- Website: nexla.com
- Company Address: N Ellsworth Ave, San Mateo, CA, 94401
About NexlaNexla is the leader in unified data operations and a 2021 Gartner Cool Vendor.
Our platform makes it simple for anyone to create scalable data flows. Teams working with data get a no/low-code unified experience to integrate, transform, provision, and monitor data for any use case.
Our mission is to make ready-to-use data available to anyone, anywhere. To do that, Nexla has pioneered an automated approach to package data from any system into usable Data Products for enterprise users. Nexsets, which are Nexla’s version of Data Products, power our unified platform for multi-speed data integration, preparation, and monitoring, delivering quality data that accelerates AI and Analytics teams. Nexla’s platform makes it simple for anyone to create scalable data flows.
We have an ambitious vision and are pioneering innovations to help every user have access to data that helps them do their work better. We are trusted by companies like LinkedIn, LiveRamp, Doordash, and other data-driven companies that are running mission-critical data with Nexla to achieve faster time to market.
About the team
We are a nimble team of 4 people who are building the foundation of Marketing for Nexla. We are at an inflection point in our journey at Nexla where we are not just driving the foundational platform but also leading the charge of Nexla’s 2024 GTM strategy. We are a highly visible team partnering closely with the executive team to drive Nexla’s growth.
At the critical intersection between Product, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success, you'll lead the entire product marketing lifecycle. You would be leading the charge on our Product Marketing roadmap for our GTM strategy in 2024. You would also influence product roadmaps, orchestrate launches, drive adoption, and take ownership of positioning, storytelling, competitive intelligence, pricing, packaging, and sales enablement.
- Develop and execute data-driven go-to-market plans, including market research, voice-of-customer, competitive analysis
- Lead messaging and positioning based on market analysis to strategically position the company and drive pipeline growth
- Curate impactful content and sales collateral, tailored by persona and industry, to fuel consideration and purchase decisions
- Collaborate closely with the Product team on launches to manage the GTM plan for feature releases and product announcements
- Partner with Sales and Customer Success to glean insights, refine messaging and positioning, and produce impactful sales enablement material
- Collaborate with executive leadership team to prioritize key markets and identify new revenue opportunities
- Work hand-in-hand with content marketing and demand generation to drive tactical and evergreen campaigns
- Experience: 10+ years in product marketing with time spent in a high-growth startup environment
- B2B Experience: 5+ years in platform software
- Domain Expertise: Deep, demonstrated technical knowledge of the products/categories you marketed and the ability to discuss the use cases of your product. Strong technical acumen, particularly in data, analytics, BI, and/or infrastructure
- Soft Skills: Demonstrated success in cross-functional collaboration, exceptional storytelling skills, and a proactive ownership mindset
- IC Work: Serve as a player-coach with the ability to take on an individual contributor (IC) role and thrive in day-to-day responsibilities
- Proven experience in the Data sector is preferred
- Ability to work onsite in our San Mateo office a few times a week
Research shows that to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Opportunity for Impact
This is a high-impact role with a high degree of ownership and influence. Here’s an outline of the key needs in this role for the first 6 months:
1 - Month:
- Assess and implement a focused 90-day plan, prioritizing high-impact, right-effort product marketing activities
- Establish a content schedule to enhance campaign outcomes
- Engage with stakeholders like sales, customers, product teams, and analysts to gain a profound understanding of our customer use cases
- Experience the product firsthand to gain unique insight into the product experience
- Set up KPIs and team OKRs for measuring success
3 - Months:
- Take ownership of the product story for all use cases, influencing messaging, positioning, content, and sales collateral
- Deliver regular messaging guides, battle cards, and enablement materials
- Expand into vertical markets with tailored content and collateral
- Track and report on the impact of Product Marketing efforts
6 - Months:
- Drive an increase in the marketing-sourced pipeline through impactful go-to-market plans
- Advocate for Nexla's product within sales, marketing, and customer success to establish a feedback loop from product development to Nexlorians and customers
Our culture has been designed intentionally and is based on our core values:
- Have Empathy – toward customers, colleagues, family, and everyone else
- Be Curious – Ask, innovate, learn, repeat
- Be Intellectually Honest – We don’t push it under the rug
- Achieve Excellence – Don’t just try, get it done with excellence!
- Remember to Relax – It’s a marathon, not a sprint
You can read more about our company culture here
Compensation and Benefits
- The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $190,000 and can go up to $220,000. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
- We offer medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family. We also provide life and disability insurance coverage to all full-time employees.
- We trust our team members to decide how they spend their time so we offer unlimited Paid Time off and also a remote or hybrid work environment (we are headquartered in San Mateo).
- Hybrid or onsite preferred