- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Product Mangement
- Industry: Data Infrastructure
- Post Date: 11/20/2023
- Website: nexla.com
- Company Address: N Ellsworth Ave, San Mateo, CA, 94401
About NexlaNexla is the leader in unified data operations and a 2021 Gartner Cool Vendor.
Our platform makes it simple for anyone to create scalable data flows. Teams working with data get a no/low-code unified experience to integrate, transform, provision, and monitor data for any use case.
Our mission is to make ready-to-use data available to anyone, anywhere. To do that, Nexla has pioneered an automated approach to package data from any system into usable Data Products for enterprise users. Nexsets, which are Nexla’s version of Data Products, power our unified platform for multi-speed data integration, preparation, and monitoring, delivering quality data that accelerates AI and Analytics teams. Nexla’s platform makes it simple for anyone to create scalable data flows.
We have an ambitious vision and are pioneering innovations to help every user have access to data that helps them do their work better. We are trusted by companies like LinkedIn, LiveRamp, Doordash, and other data-driven companies that are running mission-critical data with Nexla to achieve faster time to market.
About the team
At Nexla, our Engineering team stands as pioneers in data engineering, relentlessly dedicated to refining our methodologies to drive rapid progress. The Backend Engineering team is the backbone of our entire tech stack at Nexla, building and driving the infrastructure behind Nexla’s core platform. We are a close-knit team of engineers who are passionate about making our platform more accessible to power some of the most renowned organizations in the world. As our first Project Manager, you will chart the course, ensure the Backend team stays on track, and spearhead the execution of our critical projects. Your leadership will unlock the team's full potential, propelling Nexla to new heights while delivering excellence to our valued customer base.
What You’ll Do
As the first Project Manager at Nexla, you will be a part of the Backend Engineering team. You are neck deep working on the infrastructure of some of the most cutting edge technologies in the field of Data Operations. You will be working on Nexla’s core platform by helping the Engineering team identify, prioritize and plan mission critical backend engineering projects to take us to the next stage of our growth journey. Here’s what you’ll do:
- Technical Knowledge: Develop an astute understanding of our platform backend to develop & execute project plans for the Engineering team.
- Risk Management: Foresee and eliminate project risk potential
- Cross Functional Partnership: Provide technical strategy and coordinate work streams for cross functional engineering projects
- Time Management: Track and report on progress, risks, and opportunities related to the project(s)
- Stakeholder Management: Manage expectations of various stakeholder groups and help negotiate solutions to complex problems
- Delivery Management: Leverage your expertise to define deliverables, dissolve dependencies, and drive project execution
- Communication: Manage the communication of project status updates and needs with stakeholder groups
You like to roll up your sleeves and build. You bring structure to innovation and creativity. You are in equal parts technical as you are business savvy. You understand the nuances of engineering and are able to drive the team towards achieving the overall business goals. You’re not going to come in with a “rule book” but rather an aptitude for positive change and a willingness to dig in and understand what our tech team is building and why. Ultimately, you will be our foundational technical project manager and help us innovate at a fast pace while intelligently managing risk, timelines, and tradeoffs.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field
- At least 8 years experience in a technical field, with at least 3 years in a project or program management position
- In depth understanding of backend infrastructure and architecture
- Strong project management skills with the ability to effectively prioritize tasks, manage timelines, and deliver on commitments.
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a high tech startup environment
- Experience operating autonomously and leading across multiple teams effectively
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and EQ, with the ability to build strong relationships with customers and internal stakeholders
- Analytical mindset and problem-solving abilities, with a sharp attention to detail.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Compensation and Benefits
- The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $150,000 and up to $170,000. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
- We offer medical, dental and vision insurance for you and your family. We also provide life and disability insurance coverage to all full time employees.
- We trust our team members to decide how they spend their time so we offer unlimited Paid Time off and also a remote or hybrid work environment (we are headquartered in San Mateo).
- Position is available as a hybrid (Bay Area) or remote opportunity
We are committed and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Nexla considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. Nexla will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
We are committed to offering an inclusive and accessible experience for all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. Our goal is to foster an inclusive and accessible workplace where everyone has the opportunity to be successful.