- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: HR
- Industry: Engineering
- Post Date: 01/24/2023
- Website: algolia.com
- Company Address: 301 Howard Street, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, 94105
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About AlgoliaOur story began in 2012 with the idea of creating blazing fast, instant and relevant search and discovery experiences. In essence, we reduced the need for online visitors and in-app users (using any web, mobile or voice device) to needlessly forage for information — by surfacing the desired information in as short a time as possible.
Algolia description : At Algolia, we are passionate about helping developers & product teams connect their users with what matters most in milliseconds!
Our People Team is designed to bring our Employee Value Proposition to life with teams organized around People Operations, People Success, Talent Acquisition and our People Business Partners. As part of our People Business Partner team, you will support leaders within our Revenue teams. A strong People Business Partner will help identify our Revenue department’s needs and develop plans to address and scale them.
We are a nimble, fast-growing company - this person needs to demonstrate a deep understanding of the business, serve as a thought leader and partner across the entire People organization to drive a best-in class experience for Algolians. This role will report directly into our Head of People Business Partners and play a key role in cross functional partnership in the broader team and business.
Your role will consist of:
- Partnering with the Revenue leadership team to create and execute people initiatives that drive business results and employee development that will scale effectively as the team continues to grow
- Supporting leaders on their team’s operating plans, organizational design and assessment talent required to deliver results
- Using data, subject-matter expertise, tools, and technology to identify root-cause issues and develop recommendations and new approaches to talent processes, programs and/or initiatives
- Building trusted relationships at all levels and influencing change to improve our employee experience
- Meeting regularly and proactively with leaders and guiding topics such as organizational change and design; development of their teams; engagement, compensation, retention, compliance with local employment law, etc.
- Supporting the development and execution of programs that build critical skills and competencies, a strong current and future leadership bench, improve employee experience, and which support organizational design and change management
- Assisting leaders in providing employees with development opportunities that align with current and future business needs
- Partnering with the global People team to roll out all key people processes around compensation and equity reviews, benefits, learning and development programs, engagement surveys, etc.
- Leading investigations or other activities that relate to employee relations as needed
You might be a fit if you have :
- 7+ years of People Business Partner of experience as an HRBP supporting senior leaders
- An ability to quickly build rapport across a wide range of partners and are adept in change management best practices
- Strong business acumen and comfort in influencing business drivers surrounding people decisions
- Strong program implementation skills and ability to juggle multiple initiatives concurrently
- An ability to remain focused under pressure, ambiguity, frequent change, or unpredictability to adapt with a scaling business
- Strong analytical skills with ability to turn findings into recommendations and implementation plans that will meet business objectives
- A curiosity and desire to develop new and innovative ways of tackling People programs and practices. You are a problem solver
- Preference for candidates with experience at our current stage and beyond (over 10,000 customers, $50-300M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure)
We’re looking for someone who can live our values:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Austin, and Bucharest. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Algolia prides itself on being a pioneer and market leader offering an AI-powered, API-First Search & Discovery platform that empowers 12,000+ businesses to compose customer experiences at internet scale that predict what their users want with blazing fast search and web browse experience. Algolia powers more than 30 billion search requests a week – four times more than Microsoft Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex and DuckDuckGo combined.
Algolia is part of a cadre of innovative new companies that are driving the next generation of software development, creating APIs that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch and better than having to tweak monolithic SaaS solutions.
In 2021, the company closed $150 million in series D funding and quadrupled its post-money valuation of $2.25 billion. Being well capitalized enables Algolia to continue to invest in its market leading platform, to better serve its thousands of customers–including Under Armor, Petsmart, Stripe, Gymshark, and Walgreens, to name just a few.
The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, New York, Austin, Atlanta, and Bucharest. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!