- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Engineering
- Post Date: 01/24/2023
- Website: algolia.com
- Company Address: 301 Howard Street, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, 94105
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About AlgoliaOur story began in 2012 with the idea of creating blazing fast, instant and relevant search and discovery experiences. In essence, we reduced the need for online visitors and in-app users (using any web, mobile or voice device) to needlessly forage for information — by surfacing the desired information in as short a time as possible.
To support Algolia’s rapid growth, we’re looking for a proven and collaborative Senior Revenue Accountant to join our team! As the Senior Revenue Accountant, you will work with the Revenue accounting manager and cross functional members of Finance, Sales, and Legal departments to ensure that all agreements comply with applicable external revenue recognition guidance and internal company policies. This position will play a key role in the adherence of ASC 606 and will be relied upon to implement best practices to help the Company prepare to be an SEC registrant. The role will develop strong working relationships among cross-functional teams, including Sales, Legal, Operations and Finance. The successful candidate will be excited to develop great reporting and work in a team to help grow and scale the company!
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Help maintain system of internal controls, procedures, and policies. Help maintain comprehensive documentation including technical memos/whitepapers to support revenue accounting positions and conclusions
- Review revenue contracts and help research the revenue recognition treatment in accordance with ASC 606.
- Perform the monthly and quarterly revenue close process including timely completion of close package, analysis and reviews.
- Prepare journal entries and monthly reconciliations for revenue, deferred revenue accounts on a worldwide basis.
- Participate in the year-end revenue audit process and partner effectively with internal/external auditors
- Work closely with external consultants and other service providers on special projects as needed
- Help identify and participate in opportunities for the design, documentation, and implementation of technology-driven process improvements to support the Company’s growing operations
- Assist with execution of revenue system integrations including product mappings, user acceptance testing and data migration
- Collaborate with the FP&A department to support monthly and quarterly reporting / flux analyses for multiple revenue streams
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- At least 2-4 years of progressive accounting experience; public accounting experience is highly desired (high-growth SAAS company experience also a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree required, MB, Masters or CPA in a quantitative field a plus
- Technical knowledge of US GAAP and specifically of ASC 606 and ASC 340-40
- ASC 606 implementation and contracts review experience is highly desired
- Strong analytical and accounting skills with understanding of US GAAP, and experience operating within SOX control environment is highly desired
- You have a proven ability to apply accounting guidance and prepare formal, well-supported, documentation.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) up and down the organization, from individuals and department leads
- Strong attention to detail with ability to identify problems and provide solutions
- High-level of personal excellence and accountability
- Flexible, and a team player able to function in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines
- Proficiency in Excel (think lookups, pivots and more) and Word and ability to learn new systems quickly
- System and/or migration experience related to ERPs (Quickbooks, NetSuite, Intacct, Oracle) is a plus
- Preference for candidates with experience at our current stage and beyond (over 10,000 customers, $50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Austin, and Bucharest. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Algolia prides itself on being a pioneer and market leader offering an AI-powered, API-First Search & Discovery platform that empowers 12,000+ businesses to compose customer experiences at internet scale that predict what their users want with blazing fast search and web browse experience. Algolia powers more than 30 billion search requests a week – four times more than Microsoft Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex and DuckDuckGo combined.
Algolia is part of a cadre of innovative new companies that are driving the next generation of software development, creating APIs that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch and better than having to tweak monolithic SaaS solutions.
In 2021, the company closed $150 million in series D funding and quadrupled its post-money valuation of $2.25 billion. Being well capitalized enables Algolia to continue to invest in its market leading platform, to better serve its thousands of customers–including Under Armor, Petsmart, Stripe, Gymshark, and Walgreens, to name just a few.
The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, New York, Austin, Atlanta, and Bucharest. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!
Note: Please protect yourself from job scams! Algolia's recruiting process never requires candidates to purchase products or services, to share personal and/or financial information during the interview process, or to download a third party app. Any legitimate role on a third party site will also be posted on our careers page. Please verify a role exists or apply directly at "website."