- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: HR
- Industry: Engineering
- Post Date: 01/24/2023
- Website: algolia.com
- Company Address: 301 Howard Street, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, 94105
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About AlgoliaOur story began in 2012 with the idea of creating blazing fast, instant and relevant search and discovery experiences. In essence, we reduced the need for online visitors and in-app users (using any web, mobile or voice device) to needlessly forage for information — by surfacing the desired information in as short a time as possible.
Algolia is set to enable every company to create world-class Search and Discovery experiences with an API-first approach. Performance and Scalability is at the heart of our mission: we power 1.5 trillion searches a year, for 10K+ customers all over the world.
To support Algolia’s rapid growth, we’re looking for a dynamic and experienced Senior Global Compensation Manager to join our team! You will evaluate, create, and manage all compensation activities. You will be pivotal in assessing our current practices, running our day-to-day compensation operations, and implementing program enhancements to ensure our practices are best in class.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Reviewing our current compensation programs, including job leveling, compensation bands, and equity structure
- Establishing best in class strategic programs that drive retention as well as internal equity
- Identifying opportunities and build project plans to improve existing programs
- Owning recurring compensation programs such as, mid-year and end-of-year review cycles, equity submissions to the Board, and annual refreshed of our compensation bands
- Building audit process to ensure compensation data is approved and accurate across all systems
- Working cross-functionally with stakeholders in IT, Finance, Employee Experience, Recruiting, HRBP, and other areas of the business
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- 5+ years of experience in working as a compensation specialist
- Experience managing HR Operations programs across cross-functional teams, building sustainable processes, and working collaboratively with support teams
- Able to collect, analyze and present data sets to support project goals and initiatives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including clear articulation of business impact
- Preference for candidates with experience at our current stage and beyond (over 10,000 customers, $50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure)
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Austin, and Bucharest. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Algolia prides itself on being a pioneer and market leader offering an AI-powered, API-First Search & Discovery platform that empowers 12,000+ businesses to compose customer experiences at internet scale that predict what their users want with blazing fast search and web browse experience. Algolia powers more than 30 billion search requests a week – four times more than Microsoft Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex and DuckDuckGo combined.
Algolia is part of a cadre of innovative new companies that are driving the next generation of software development, creating APIs that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch and better than having to tweak monolithic SaaS solutions.
In 2021, the company closed $150 million in series D funding and quadrupled its post-money valuation of $2.25 billion. Being well capitalized enables Algolia to continue to invest in its market leading platform, to better serve its thousands of customers–including Under Armor, Petsmart, Stripe, Gymshark, and Walgreens, to name just a few.
The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, New York, Austin, Atlanta, and Bucharest. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!