- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Robotics as a Service
- Post Date: 11/23/2022
- Website: cobaltrobotics.com
- Company Address: 2121 South El Camino Real Suite C-110, San Mateo, CA, 94403
About CobaltAt Cobalt, we’re on a mission to elevate the work that people do by training machines to do boring tasks better. We believe that one human aspect that can never be replaced is judgment. By creating robots with machine learning, we are able to replace dull, dirty, and dangerous jobs so that the humans responsible for those areas can better focus on what matters.
About Cobalt Robotics:
At Cobalt Robotics, our indoor robots work together with remote human operators to keep our customers safe. We patrol 24x7 to help prevent break-ins, detect massive leaks and give our customers visibility over their space, their assets, and their data.
Cobalt's team is comprised of renowned technologists and security professionals, and backed by world-class investors such as Sequoia, Bloomberg Beta, and Coatue. In 2019, Cobalt was recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by the Silicon Valley Business Journal and the San Francisco Business Times.
We’re looking for people who want to make an impact with us and help build a company that is known for its excellence in engineering, passion for progress, and dedication to customers.
About The role: The Reserve Engineer (RE) is someone who is knowledgeable with computer hardware and provides our clients with top-notch customer service. The RE serves as Cobalt's "boots on the ground" and are part of our rapid-response field-operations team in the event a hardware-failure happens at a client site. Occasionally, REs assist with field projects and new robot deployments. The RE an essential role-player in keeping our robots operating and our clients happy. Please note, this is not a remote position.
What You'll Do
- Learn our robot hardware inside and out to be comfortable servicing and maintaining our machine. (we'll provide the paid training)
- Communicate with both technical and non-technical teammates with field repairs and projects.
- Ensure hardware failures on our robots are addressed, and resolved within a safe and timely manner.
- Occasionally assist with field operation projects and new robot deployments
- Be dispatched to client sites within your area to resolve hardware failures 1-3 times a month(potentially more)
- Reports to a Regional Project Manager for tasking and delegation.
You're a great candidate if:
- You're excited about robotics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and willing to learn
- You're familiar with hardware assembly and disassembly.(Tool kit with basic hand tools will be provided)
- You're Familiar with computer hardware and small electrical components(proprietary training will be provided)
- You're an excellent communicator and comfortable collaborating and receiving instruction on platforms such as Slack, GoogleMeet/Hangout etc.
- You are available during days and times within Mon-Fri, 9a-5p. (Flex/Oncall schedule)
- You're open to support jobs that may occur after hours(5pm-9am) and on weekends.(Flex/Oncall schedule)
- You're presentable and comfortable speaking to clients from Fortune 100 & 500 companies.
- You love providing great customer service.
- Experience with robotics
- Experience with computer hardware and electrical components
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Military/First Responder
- Associate degree or higher
Interested? Apply now!
Curious to see the robot? Check out our YouTube.
The Reserve Engineer is a 1099 contractor position at Cobalt Robotics and is NOT a remote position. Compensation range is between $20-$50/USD hr DOE. Cobalt Robotics does NOT pay for relocation for this role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate against the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.