- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Operations
- Industry: Robotics as a Service
- Post Date: 11/23/2022
- Website: cobaltrobotics.com
- Company Address: 2121 South El Camino Real Suite C-110, San Mateo, CA, 94403
About CobaltAt Cobalt, we’re on a mission to elevate the work that people do by training machines to do boring tasks better. We believe that one human aspect that can never be replaced is judgment. By creating robots with machine learning, we are able to replace dull, dirty, and dangerous jobs so that the humans responsible for those areas can better focus on what matters.
At Cobalt Robotics, our indoor robots work together with remote human operators to keep our customers safe. We patrol 24x7 to help prevent break-ins, detect massive leaks and give our customers visibility over their space, their assets, and their data.
Cobalt's team is composed of renowned technologists and security professionals, and backed by world-class investors such as Sequoia, Bloomberg Beta, and Coatue. In 2019, Cobalt was recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by the Silicon Valley Business Journal and the San Francisco Business Times.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Supply Chain Manager to join our team. In this role, you will ensure we have enough parts on hand to build and maintain our fleet of robots. You will wear multiple supply chain hats, acting as a generalist and supporting our scrappy function as we scale.
Your role is focused on building long-term relationships with suppliers, forecasting demand for parts and components, procuring those parts to meet production lead times, and establishing processes and procedures for controlling inventory.
This position is based out of our Fremont, CA production facility, and requires being onsite 5 days per week.
- Forecast demand for robot parts and components based on projections of robot sales from Finance and failure rates from Operations
- Order parts and components from suppliers to ensure we have adequate stock to meet Manufacturing targets and Operations repair needs
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with suppliers so we can understand their ability to meet our parts requirements and lead times for shipping
- Identify high-risk or long lead time parts and have solutions to source those parts to meet Manufacturing targets and Operations repair needs
- Own the receiving procedures in coordination with Manufacturing to ensure custody and proper tracking and storage of all received parts
- Refine, own, and improve inventory control and tracking for all robot parts from reception into our facility through installation on a robot including visibility of parts at suppliers and sub-manufacturers
- 4+ years of experience in supply chain management
- Experience in demand forecasting
- Experience in supplier negotiations
- Experience in procurement
- Experience in inventory control and management
- Success in balancing multiple aspects of supply chain management
- Track record of implementing new processes and procedures, and improving existing ones
- Self-motivated, proactive team player
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience building strong relationships
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
- Experience with electrical component supply chain (nice to have)Experience with Material Requirements Planning (MRP) software & systems
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.