- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Vertical SaaS
- Post Date: 08/03/2022
- Website: tekion.com
- Company Address: 5934 Gibraltar Dr , Pleasanton, California 94588, US
About TekionRe-imagining Automotive Retail with Automotive Retail Cloud. One platform that seamlessly connects your entire business.
At Tekion, we're building the only cloud-native platform that is transforming the automotive retail industry, leapfrogging it into the future and providing unparalleled customer experience. We're creating seamlessly integrated, elegant, and intuitive solutions built with cutting edge technology and powered by Big Data, Machine Learning (ML)/ AI and Internet of Things (Connected vehicle to connected devices). We’re harnessing passion, entrepreneurial spirit, deep industry expertise and the latest technologies to create something very special. We're inventing new technology along the way to overcome barriers and solve big problems, all while having a blast doing it!
Tekion is looking for talented individuals who want to be part of building business applications on the cloud platform. We are developing the next generation enterprise software on the cloud that inherently uses the power of Big Data, Machine Learning, and IoT to enable businesses. We're creating integrated, elegant, and intuitive solutions built with cutting-edge technology - technology that empowers automotive retail to deliver uncompromised and unparalleled customer experiences and drive their business forward.
Please note that this position will involve up to 25% travel (fly) to meet with customers and partners.
- Deeply understand and embody the voice of the customer – Be in front of the users, do qualitative research and define and track quantitative product metrics. You will then be communicating to the team a deep understanding of our users, and the data about how our customers engage with our products.
- Wide breadth of product knowledge – Understand end-to-end workflows across product tracks and their impact on the Business Office. You will work closely with Controllers and other key stakeholders to streamline, introduce automation and improve efficiency of business processes.
- Drive new product initiatives – Own and drive products/features from ideation through implementation, launch and iterative enhancements. You’ll be working closely with the design team to craft amazing product experiences that delight our customers and see those come to life working with the engineering team, focusing on excellent execution.
- Create cross-functional engagement – Establish rapport with colleagues across all departments including Engineering, Marketing, Analytics, Sales, Business Development, and work collaboratively with them to streamline communication and processes. You will specifically be a point person our internal stakeholders will look up to for answers or direction on anything related to your products.
- Champion the domain – Track industry trends and the competitive landscape as they pertain to your product and help define the product roadmap to constantly stay ahead of the curve.
Qualifications & Education Requirements
We want that small percentage of the population that is passionate about what they do, likes to solve complex problems, is prideful of their work, and wants to be part of an elite culture that is progressive, always evolving, and loves working with others to accomplish great things!
- Education: you have a BS in Economics, Finance or Accounting.
- Experience: You have 5 years of experience in FinTech-related roles or software product management experience.
- Execution: Demonstrated ability to execute on a product roadmap while working with offshore resources and coordinating with internal/external stakeholders to manage expectations and timelines.
- Curiosity: You are exceptionally curious about new products and how users will respond to them and ensure you have the data to back up your roadmap requirements.
- Empathy: You deeply understand how customers think. You can accurately predict how changes will make them feel. You enjoy creating delight and measuring it to ensure success is achieved.
- Excellent communication: You are comfortable and confident sharing your thoughts in verbal or written form. You can engage constructively in debate and discussion with your colleagues and peers. You have a proven plan to ensure everyone is aligned on the product vision and execution timeline.
- Appreciation for quality: You are very enthusiastic about your favorite products and can articulate why they’re incredible. You are excited. and proud to build a premium brand and have a track record of working on products with a sustainable future.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Experience working in the automotive industry, and specifically with different aspects of dealership management systems
- Strong technical background
- Experience building complex enterprise-level B2B software
- MBA from a top-tier global business school or equivalent experience
- CPA or CFA certification preferred
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options
- Incentives based on number of hires and quality of candidates.
- 100% employer-paid top-of-the-line medical, dental and vision coverage
- Great benefits including unlimited PTO, parental leave and free snacks and beverages
- The opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds from the Silicon Valley’s most dominant and successful companies
- Be part of an early stage, hyper-growth startup with the opportunity to grow and prosper
- Work on the latest and coolest technologies – everything is home-grown and built ground-up
- Dynamic work environment with a strong sense of community and collaboration
- Open and transparent culture that encourages innovation, rewards performance and discourages hierarchy
- Exciting opportunities for career growth and development
Tekion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.