- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Robotics as a Service
- Post Date: 11/23/2022
- Website: cobaltrobotics.com
- Company Address: 2121 South El Camino Real Suite C-110, San Mateo, CA, 94403
About CobaltAt Cobalt, we’re on a mission to elevate the work that people do by training machines to do boring tasks better. We believe that one human aspect that can never be replaced is judgment. By creating robots with machine learning, we are able to replace dull, dirty, and dangerous jobs so that the humans responsible for those areas can better focus on what matters.
At Cobalt Robotics, our indoor robots work together with remote human operators to keep our customers safe. We patrol 24x7 to help prevent break-ins, detect massive leaks and give our customers visibility over their space, their assets, and their data.
Cobalt's team is comprised of renowned technologists and security professionals, and backed by world-class investors such as Sequoia, Bloomberg Beta, and Coatue. In 2019, Cobalt was recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by the Silicon Valley Business Journal and the San Francisco Business Times.
We’re looking for people who want to make an impact with us and help build a company that is known for its excellence in engineering, passion for progress, and dedication to customers.
About the role: You should be a generalist who loves diving into many different areas, learning new technologies, and wearing many different hats. Your goal will be to improve our backend code and infrastructure that supports our fleet of robots and our customers. You'll work closely with our frontend and robotics teams to implement cross stack projects, while improving security and reliability.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement new backend APIs to support customer interfaces and our fleet of robots.
- Improve performance and reliability of our backend APIs and infrastructure
- Scale our infrastructure to support our growing fleet of robots, customers, and internal human operators
- Mentor and coach other team members. Lead design reviews and code reviews
What you need:
- BA / BS in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years industry experience
- Fluency with Python
- Experience with Django or a similar web framework
- Experience with backend resilience / stability / SRE improvements
- Experience with performance improvements of databases and APIs
- Experience working in a fast paced startup environment
- Experience with AWS and DevOps
- Experience with networking and security
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.