- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Vertical SaaS
- Post Date: 06/22/2022
- Website: www.solarisbank.com/en
- Company Address: Cuvrystraße 53, Berlin, 10997, DE
About SolarisbankSolarisbank is the first Banking-as-a-Service platform with a full banking license that enables companies to offer their own financial products. Through APIs, partners gain access to Solarisbank’s modular services including payments and e-money, lending, digital banking as well as services provided by integrated third party providers.
Solarisbank is a tech company with a full German banking license. Our Banking-as-a-Service platform enables businesses to offer their own financial products. With our straightforward APIs, our partners can access and integrate a wide range of solutions such as digital banking, payments, cards, identification and lending services. As a market leader we are driven by bringing transformational change to the financial services industry.
We love what we do and we love our team. We are 300+ people from over 50 nationalities - a unique blend of techies, fintech enthusiasts, bankers and entrepreneurs from various industries. Our routines are built around genuinely valuing and exchanging different perspectives as well as actively sharing knowledge as we drive our business as a team. We believe and invest in personal growth. Our publicly shared learning framework lays out your career opportunities. In addition, we offer a range of benefits to support your curiosity, health and well-being.
Solaris Digital Assets is a modular one-stop-shop platform that enables our partners to launch innovative, secure, and compliant digital asset services, so that our partners can focus on creating an outstanding user experience, all while having a faster time to market.
Digital assets will become omnipresent in our day to day life and will therefore transform the way we exchange any type of value. You will work in our Engineering team, which focuses on one of the most critical market pain points: the secure & compliant storage of digital assets.
As a Senior Ruby Engineer you will:
- Not use Ruby on Rails (unless you really want to)
- Take direct ownership of the area of the product
- Design and build backend applications and APIs, software libraries and tools
- With your colleagues, design and implement a secure and resilient architecture
- Put security and resilience of the applications you build to test
- Get to work with modern cryptography: encryption, digital signatures and more
- Learn about Blockchain technology and how to use it
- Learn more about Blockchain technology and when not to use it
What you should bring along
- 5+ years of experience as a Ruby Engineer, with a focus on backend
- Strong interest in Ruby beyond Ruby on Rails
- A true Engineer, with a passion for Ruby, software and complex problems
- Your self-driveness ensure your high impact and execution
- You like to challenge and to be challenged
- You see yourself as a team player and have good communication skills
- You are fluent in English
- Concurrent/parallel processing
- Experience with AWS
- Distributed systems
- Microservice Architecture
- Message bus
- Modern infrastructure: Docker, Kubernetes, cloud platforms
- Understanding cryptography
- Owning a cryptokitty
At Solarisbank, we are committed to nurturing an inclusive environment, where all Solarians feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, ethnicity, religion, sex, origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, or gender identity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: Solarisbank does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Solarisbank’s employees or any other venture in our ecosystem. solarisBank is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.